Get ahead with IATF 16949 - The global automotive standard.
IATF 16949 is the automotive quality management standard that is adopted by all the major automotive vehicle manufacturers and a requirement for the automotive supply chain globally.
IATF 16949 was jointly developed by the International Automotive task force (IATF), whose vehicle manufacture members include: BMW, Daimler-Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, General Motors, PSA Peugeot-Citroen, Renault SA, Volkswagen and their respective trade associations - AIAG (USA), ANFIA (Italy), FIEV (France), SMMT (UK) and VDA (Germany).
IATF 16949 is based on the quality management standard BS EN ISO 9001 with the overall aim of developing a process based quality management system that provides for continual improvement, emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of waste in the automotive supply chain.
The standard is applicable to any organisation that manufactures components, assemblies and parts for supply to the automotive industry.
Benefits of achieving registration to IATF 16949
- Enhanced process efficiency and effectiveness. Implementation of IATF 16949 Core Tools to drive improvement within the business i.e. PPAP, APQP, FMEA, MSA & SPC etc.
- Customer satisfaction. Deliver products that consistently meet customer requirements.
- Reduced operating costs. Continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies mean money saved.
- Improved stakeholder relationships. Improve the perception of your organization with staff, customers and suppliers.
- Proven business credentials. Independent verification against a globally recognised industry standard speaks volumes.
- Ability to win more business. Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply, so certification opens doors.
- International recognition. Additional confidence for global sourcing.
- Consistent quality approach. Common approach in the supply chain for supplier or subcontractor development.